Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yes, it's true, I had to spend my weekend with a bunch of inmature boys at their "Guys Weekend". Let's see...hmm....this is like the third "Guy's Weekend" my husband has been on with the "men" in his family. Every time one of these weekends are planned, my husband decides to tell me like one day in advance, real nice and considerete, right??

So, on Thursday the 11th, my husband informs me that he will be leaving on Friday the 12th right after work for another.....you guessed it....."Guy's Weekend".

As I was mentally preparing for another weekend of sheer bordem without my husband on Friday afternoon, and the power had gone out due to bad weather. Yep, there I was with no power...good times....oh yeah. I had texted my husband right before he had come home to let him know that I was not going to sit at home alone with my daughter with no power while he was at his "Guy's Weekend". As I was secretly enjoying the rain on his parade, I was not prepared for what happened next. When my husband came home he called his uncle and told him the situation. Oh to my suprise his uncle suggested that my husband should bring our daughter and I. Oh great, just great a weekend with all guys, every girls dream, right??? Not so much. I spent most of the weekend alone with just me and my two year old daughter. The guys ditched me at every oppritunity.
They would even ask me what they could bring home for me, so I requested some dessert, well suprise, suprise, they could not even come through with that simple request. Their excuse: they got into a bar fight. Wow, great, just great. That was just a small example of the BS I had to deal with. I must say it was a completly messed up weekend. I need to start a "Girls Night Out" weekend everytime they decied to do another "Guys Weekend".

No comments: